Thursday, August 19, 2010

Books!

What is your child's favorite book and why would they recommend it to a friend?
This is the Homeschool Village's question today.

I asked my 8 year old son this question and his answer was mystery books. He particularly likes the Jigsaw Jones Mystery books. He loves the suspense of what happens next. It really encourages him to read AND to be a good listener when I'm reading them because they hold his attention and makes him use his imagination.


My 5 year old then had to get in on the action. I'm not sure he grasped what I was asking him but this is the book he picked out as his favorite.......today! LOL!
He does love the Scholastic books because they have nice picture in them to hold his attention to the story that is being read. What I think is funny about his choice of book today is that it's about a bunny GOING to school. Oh the irony!

I then went in and asked my 16 year old daughter. And she really couldn't give me a definite answer. 
But then she said she really likes reading biographies. And this one in particular, she said, was VERY good.
 It's an old book all about Abraham Lincoln. It must be good because she can tell us just about everything there is to know about Abraham Lincoln right now.

To find out what other children are reading and why, head on over to The Homeschool Village and check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Love your daughter's smile! And I'm gonna have to check out Jigsaw Jones for my son!

    thanks for linking up with us today!
    Stef
    the hsv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'm going to have to see about your daughter's book. I'd love to read that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son loves Jigsaw Jones too. And can I just say that a teenage girl who loves autobiographies is proof that homeschooling works? Because it really is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I'd drop in on you! I haven't chatted since FB with you. Love this blog and your precious children!!!

    I pray all is well with you and your family and I'm sure it is -- GOD IS GOOD!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you stopped by. It's always good to hear from you!